An example of a quick fix in the game BizzBuilder is a participant who wants to grow his business fast and is given an opportunity to expand his services to a client.
- But in order to fulfill the assignments he has to overstretch the abilities of his team members.
- This means asking them to do work that they are not trained to do.
- This has two unwanted effects: the client will not be satisfied with the outcomes and so client satisfaction will decline.
- With this, the client will be less inclined to offer new opportunities and general reputation declines as well.
- The other effect is that team members who are asked to do work that they are not trained for will be less productive and less happy.
- Their reduced happiness can lead to a decision to leave the team.
So this quick fix decision to grow the business will ultimately lead to a dissatisfied customer, reduction in new opportunities, reduced productivity and a smaller team. Obviously, in the longer term, this quick fix will cause the opposite effect of the one intended.